Saturday, October 11, 2008

Update on events in our life....



Unfinished business . . .Here are the rest of the children .

When I was practicing getting pictures onto the blog, pictures of Bruce, Debbie and Chris just happened to be with in reach. Denise said that we had more children than three... so here are "the rest of the" Children...


Jeffrey Paul at 6 months.














Denise at 6 months.






















Janelle at 1 year

















Debbie and Craig came up to help us get ready for winter and did many things. One was to install a programable thermostat. Here Craig and I are trying to figure out the wiring numbering system.












Got it !!!!















As most of you know, I had a Basal cell Carcinoma (skin cancer) on my left temple. I had removed on Wednesday the 8th of October. The procedure was
what they call MOHS Micrographic Surgery. It involves taking out part of the growth, examine it, mapping it and taking more of the tissue if needed. I had to have a repeated procedure to get all the cancer roots out. The second procedure proved cancer free.

This is the before picture.











This after the second procedure. The ink lines
are for the skin flaps for plastic surgery to cover the wound. (I have now had a face lift..)













Right after I got home . . .
















Two days after surgery. . .






























Three days after surgery. . .with two black eyes and some brusing on my chin..
















I can now smile, kind of. I'll be glad when the swelling goes down. I see the Doctor next Wednesday.. He is a member of the Dry Canyon Ward and lives close to us up here on the hill.









So that is all that is happened in our lives...

P.S. It Snowed this morning uuugh. Love Dad.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Grandpa! I was not aware of that skin cancer. I'm so sorry! That looks like it really hurt! No fun at all! Did people ask you if your wife beat you up for not doing what you were told??? hehe. Just kidding! Well I'm glad that the second procedure came up negative for cancer. Thanks for updating! It's great to hear what is going on in your lives! Didn't you hate that snow this morning?? Lucky for us it didnt stay...I don't know about up where you are though!

emily said...

Wow! What in the world did they do to you? That first picture looks like they completely removed your eye and I thought...well, now, that wasn't necessary, was it?:) Just kidding! I'm glad the swelling is going down. Hopefully the rest of the recovery will be speedy and smooth. I'm so glad that you were able to detect it and get it removed. Congrats on the cancer free!! Whew!

Denise said...

I was thinking..." What's the other guy look like? Sheesh! You Navy dudes know how to brawl!" LOVE YOU! And thanks for acknowledging the 3 favs of the bunch...we were glad to let the others have their breif shining moment but just for a moment... SMILE! LOVE TO ALL!!